Game - Dixit
Game - Dixit
Every picture tells a story – but what story will your picture tell? Dixit is the lovingly illustrated game of creative guesswork, where your imagination unlocks the tale. In this award-winning board game, players will use the beautiful imagery on their cards to bluff their opponents and guess which image matches the story.
Guessing right is only half the battle – to really succeed, you’ll have to get your friends to decide that your card tells the story!
Every turn, the storyteller will call out a short phrase or word to match the image on his card. Then each player will choose the card that most closely matches that phrase, and then everyone must guess which card the storyteller saw when he invented his brief tale.
Correctly guess the storyteller’s card, and you’ll move ahead. Convince everyone else that your card is best, and you’ll do even better.
Dixit is a wonderfully simple game, playable by nearly anyone with whom you share a common language.
With a fantastic range of beautiful illustrations and rules that can be understood by children and adults alike, Dixit will appeal to anyone with an imagination. It’s no surprise that Dixit won the Spiel de Jahres award for game design in 2010.
It is brilliant and simple, beautiful and imaginative, and fun for all.
- One player is the storyteller for the turn and looks at the images on the 6 cards in hand. From one of these, the storyteller makes up a sentence and says it out loud (without showing the card to the other players).
- Each other player selects the card in their hands which best matches the sentence and gives the selected card to the storyteller, without showing it to the others.
- The storyteller shuffles the card with all the received cards. All pictures are shown face up and every player has to bet upon which picture was the storyteller's.
- If nobody or everybody finds the correct card, the storyteller scores 0, and each of the other players scores 2. Otherwise the storyteller and whoever found the correct answer score 3. Players score 1 point for every vote for their own card.
- The game ends when the deck is empty or if a player scores 30 points. In either case, the player with the most points wins the game.
- Ages 12+
- 30 Minute Playing Time
- 84 Cards
- 6 Game Pieces